Labiaplasty Bloomington, IL
What is a labiaplasty?
In recent years, medicine has become increasingly aware of the need for expanded women’s services. Many of the services that are available today go beyond improved aesthetics. Labiaplasty is a prime example. We are happy to provide this precision surgical procedure to women in our Bloomington community, helping them feel better about the look and the feel of the sensitive genital area.
Who is a good candidate for vaginal rejuvenation?
The size and shape of the labia will vary from one woman to another. However, there are a variety of ways in which the labia may present problems.
- Some women complain that excessive tissue gets caught in clothing, or that asymmetry creates discomfort during sexual intercourse or exercise.
- The protrusion (bulge) may occur in either the labia minora or the labia majora, making it difficult to wear certain types of clothing.
- In some cases, the referral for labiaplasty is prompted by the development of polyps in the area.
- Candidates for labia contouring are those who are not fully comfortable nor satisfied with the look and feel of this important part of the body.
- Surgical candidates should not smoke or should stop using tobacco prior to surgery.
- Though women of all ages can undergo labiaplasty, it may be ideal to undergo this particular procedure when there are no future plans for pregnancy. This is because the labia may naturally swell and stretch during this event, or during delivery.
- The timing of labiaplasty can be contentious because, on one hand, you may not want to have to repeat the procedure and, on the other hand, there is no value in living uncomfortably if you don’t have to.
Learn more about the right timing for you. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Tattini to discuss labia contouring.
Female Rejuvenation FAQs
Is there scarring after the procedure? »
How will a labiaplasty affect my sex life? »
What is recovery from female rejuvenation surgery? »
Patients should expect to need a few days off work and other routine activities after labiaplasty. There are several ways in which the recovery process can be made more comfortable. First, patients are prescribed pain medication to manage post-surgical discomfort. Swelling should be expected. This can be reduced with daily sitz baths, in which the surgical area soaks in a mild Epsom salt bath. In many cases, dissolvable sutures are used, eliminating the need for a second “procedure” on this delicate area of the body.
An important aspect of labiaplasty recovery is to keep the area dry. Patients may gently dab tissue after bathing, and may even use cool air from a blow dryer or fan to fully evaporate moisture.
Will I be able to exercise and work after? »
What risks are associated with labiaplasty? »
Are there age limitations? »
How long does the procedure take? »
What can I expect after surgery? »
You deserve to be comfortable in your own skin. To learn more about labiaplasty and vaginal rejuvenation in Bloomington, Champaign, Peoria, Decatur, and Springfield, IL, call your Bloomington plastic surgeon, Dr. Tattini, at (309) 664-1007 or fill out a Contact Form here. Your peace of mind is our priority during your consultation and surgical experience.